Frost DK 7.0 Gear

Discuss Death Knights Here.
Quonoa

Re: Frost DK 7.0 Gear

Post by Quonoa » July 4th, 2016, 7:40 pm

Nova wrote:Also, I don't know if anyone has tried it, but here is no specifications about whether or not you could play 2 handed for 7.0. Haven't tried it, now I want too lol
Frost Strike needs a 1H equipped to even cast. So unfortunately not.
Hantevirus
Sellswords Lead

Post by Hantevirus » July 4th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Quonoa

Post by Quonoa » July 4th, 2016, 10:06 pm

Hantevirus wrote:The unholy FAQ is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn7 ... fj6qty0ok3
The document is private, and I can't view it. If you could ask whoever owns it (if you know) if they could make it publicly viewable, that'd be awesome.
Hantevirus
Sellswords Lead

Post by Hantevirus » July 4th, 2016, 10:55 pm

oh huh.

I'll ask the owner of the doc about it
Reitoshin

Post by Reitoshin » July 5th, 2016, 10:00 am

Based on what I have seen on the ptr, it is still easy (in fact maybe easier) to get to 30 stacks of EDH, and it still seems to do a lot of my damage to target dummies, it is hard for me to believe that it will no longer have value during 7.0. Not sure what the CSP stats change to, so I cant speak to that, but I think people might be hopping off the EDH train a little too fast.
All is fair in theory crafting and war.
Quonoa

Post by Quonoa » July 5th, 2016, 11:06 am

Reitoshin wrote:Based on what I have seen on the ptr, it is still easy (in fact maybe easier) to get to 30 stacks of EDH, and it still seems to do a lot of my damage to target dummies, it is hard for me to believe that it will no longer have value during 7.0. Not sure what the CSP stats change to, so I cant speak to that, but I think people might be hopping off the EDH train a little too fast.
I don't think it's gonna have no value, I just feel some trinkets will be flat-out better.
I'm thinking that with our increased GCD (less abilities per 15sec), no defile, and potential that CSP will be better than DC, it's a loss of a lot of attacks which I think would substantially hurt the damage that EDH can put out. I have had better results with EDH than DC testing it ingame, but I'm confused as to why since DC seems like it would be mathematically better, comparing average dps of the procs (since the rest is just flat str on both). I need to get more specific data on that though, gonna do that sometime later, I probably horribly underestimated the average stack amount.
Also, are you hitting on a single target dummy? If you're cleaving at all, that's probably given to increase the % value of it from applying stacks to secondary targets.

For CSP, in particular, here's what I'm seeing:
Nova

Post by Nova » July 5th, 2016, 6:55 pm

That is interesting, I haven't had the same luck with EDH. I was able to get it to 15-16 stacks maybe.

Return to “Death Knights”