Warrior Macros!

Discuss Warriors Here.
Andros

Warrior Macros!

Post by Andros » May 16th, 2016, 2:09 pm

#showtooltip Rend
/cast [target=mouseover, exists][] Rend

^ Casts rend on whoever your mouse is hovering over, provided they're in range. If you aren't mousing over anything it rends whoever you're targeting.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover, exists][] Vigilance

^ Same thing, but with Vigilance. Useful if you're like me and too lazy to make custom macros depending on which tank needs Vig, but you also still need to cast it quickly.

I'm curious what other warriors use. Now that the tier is over I want to start thinking about ways to improve for Legion.
"Either I will find a way, or I will make one." -Hannibal Barca
Cerastes

Re: Warrior Macros!

Post by Cerastes » May 16th, 2016, 8:09 pm

#showtooltip pummel
/use pummel
/use charge

Because of the way both of these things work, charge only at range, and pummel only in melee range, you'll only cast one (unless you're like me and accidentally fatfinger it).

Also, to extend on your rend macro's, I also have:

#showtooltip
/cast [@Boss2,exists] Rend;Rend

and

#showtooltip
/cast [@Boss3,exists] Rend;Rend

that will cast rend on bosses 2 and 3 on your boss frames (default UI puts them on the right side of your screen, iirc) so its useful for when theres a big add like the Deathcaller on Archi, or multiple bosses like back on Iron Maidens.

And we cant forget the ever useful:

/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Shield Barrier
/cast Battle Stance

for when you really need that absorb.
-
Grundenz

Post by Grundenz » May 27th, 2016, 7:52 pm

#showtooltip Charge
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast Charge
/cast Hamstring

This is what I use for charge/hamstring. Charge has a minimum range and hamstring has a max range, so it will either charge the target if they are far enough away or slow them if they are too close. Good for add control fights.

#showtooltip
/cast Bloodbath
/cast Recklessness
/cast Avatar
/use 13
/use 14

Standard blow all cooldowns. Could add potion use to it but I like to have the control over that one.

#showtooltip Pummel
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cast [modifier:ctrl, target=focus] Pummel; Pummel

Makes sure your Pummel goes off when you want it as BoPs and Bladestorm prevent you from casting it. Also works to set a focus target for your Pummel

#showtooltip Vigilance
/cast [mouseover] Vigilance
/cast [target=arenapartner] Vigilance

Easy mouseover for our only real external.

Most of these have a cancelaura for bladestorm on them as bladestorm can prevent some abilities from working. And as sad as it is mechanics can be > dps........sometimes.
Kikwar

Post by Kikwar » May 27th, 2016, 11:15 pm

All of my macros are hidden. I use ElvUI and keybind the macros, so my bars only show abilities that I care about. IE, i don't have rend shown as it's always available. I only show abilities with a cooldown or a proc requirement.

/use [harm];[]Intervene
/use 3

I forget why the /use 3 is there. I think it is an artifact from when I played a healer and some spells would leave your mouse as targettable... where the game was waiting for you to select the target of the spell you wanted to cast. This macro basically does nothing if you are targetting an enemy and intervenes if you are targetting an ally. I experienced some issues previously where default intervene would intervene my target of target if my target was an enemy. I would then get one shot from the boss.

/cast Mortal Strike
/cast Bloodthirst

Again, this is due to ElvUI. Rather than bind actionbar slots, I bind spells from the spellbook + macros. This lets me bind a macro that cast MS or BT based off of spec. The following macros are all instances of that.

/cast Raging Blow
/cast Colossus Smash

and

/cast Rend
/cast Wild Strike

and

/cast Thunder Clap
/cast Piercing How

then binding talents

/cast Avatar
/cast Bladestorm
/cast Bloodbath

and

/cast Storm Bolt
/cast Shockwave
/cast Dragon Roar

Finally, my vigilance macro is a little different than Grundenz'

/use [help,@mouseover]Vigilance
/use 3

The "help" preface has me cast vigilance on my target if targetting an ally, else it vasts it on my mouseover. I use this to prevent accidental mouse over casts when I want to cast it on my target. I usually use mouse over for it, but if I know ahead of time that I need to use it exactly one a given person for a given ability then I can target them and know that I don't need to worry about my mouse spazzing out.

Return to “Warrior”