Mythic + Toys for Tots = EK Community Event!!!

Guild Parties (in game), world events, ect.
Lillynna

Mythic + Toys for Tots = EK Community Event!!!

Post by Lillynna » November 16th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm sure you have heard the rumors spreading about the charity event we have been planning :-) I'm trying to get around to all the teams and personally explain what we have planned and ask for volunteers to assist but as you can imagine with the number of raid teams we have if I did one a day that would take a couple of weeks! So here is the lowdown for those I have not yet spoken with!

We are planning a multi guild/multi streamer charity run with the goal of making money for Toys for Tots via donations to the streams during a 24 hour mythic plus key carry marathon December 10-11th from noon to noon pst. We have been recruiting other guilds to join with us on this to have as many teams and streams working with us as possible. Some of the guilds who have volunteered to run with us (and this is not an all inclusive list) are Easy from Aerie Peak, Friendship Legion (yep! Zelse the friendship moose guy), Fast Forward on Stormrage, DontLaughAtMyGiraffe here on Proudmoore and Zate is working on involving some guilds on the horde side as well!

Each team will need 1 tank 1 healer and 2 dps that can carry mythic + keystones with one person in each group able to stream. If you want to sign up but do not have a group of four put your name in a group for the times you are available and/or connect with other people who have done that and start a group that way! It is not required that you agree to run the full 24 hours, although if you want to then the more the merrier right?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

If you have any questions or need more info feel free to contact Cerastes, Siin or me and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks so much in advance for helping make this run a success!

Lilly <3
Lillynna
Royal Emissary, Guild Events, Resto/Boomkin Knight Team

"If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours" - Dolly Parton
Abaddon

Re: Mythic + Toys for Tots = EK Community Event!!!

Post by Abaddon » November 17th, 2016, 4:03 pm

What if I'm comfortable tanking or healing for carries?
Anumalech
Restoration Druid
Lillynna

Post by Lillynna » November 17th, 2016, 6:20 pm

You can see which groups are on the spreadsheet in need of a tank or healer and sign up for whichever role or start a group with friends ... we also want to have a few people on hand throughout the day to sub in just in case a group loses a player for whatever reason so being able to do multiple roles is definitely a plus!
Thanks!
Lilly
Lillynna

Micce

Post by Micce » November 18th, 2016, 6:32 am

This is an awesome idea. I'll definitely be doing a good number of hours!
Thanks,
Flitt / Micce
Team Ascension Acting Team Lead and Recruiting Officer
B.Net Tag: Thodas#1510
Hantevirus
Sellswords Lead

Post by Hantevirus » November 19th, 2016, 7:50 am

The event is going to be great but its linked to this forum topic, which is for guild only (not visible to the public). I don't want to just move this thread since its targetted at guild... is there a general topic about the event that's more appropriate for the public?
Zen

Post by Zen » November 20th, 2016, 2:51 pm

So if I just want to sign up but I don't have a group I just put my name in a box and hope people want to run with me?
Lillynna

Post by Lillynna » November 20th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Yes, just put your name down in a box and start a group that way or sign up into one of the groups that still needs another player. Also, great point thanks Hante I'll talk to Siin about that for people outside the guild!
Lillynna

kealhash

Post by kealhash » November 21st, 2016, 1:25 pm

kealhash destro lock ilvl 871 at time of post will to dps any group any time i am on (plan to be on the whole time hopefully) dont think i can do well carrying higher then +8 but will try

kaelhash tree/bear ilvl 865/863 at time of post till heal or tank any group any time i am on but cant dps heal and tank all at the same time so have to pick one

dont think my healing carry will be that good over +6 and tanking atm is still poor so +5 max i think other then that just ask i am there
Lillynna

Post by Lillynna » November 21st, 2016, 4:25 pm

I'm hesitant to put an ilvl requirement on this but each group ideally would carry only keystones they are comfortable 2-3 chesting. The event is still a couple of weeks away so there is still time to run some practice runs with your group and see where you feel your "comfort zone" also where your ilvl is now is probably not where it will be 2 weeks from now! This event is meant to be a place to have a good time and benefit both the wow community by helping out other players by carrying their keystones and Toys for Tots by raising money via the stream donations and of course we can all use all the ap we'll get from running them! If your group is comfortable doing 7-9 or higher then by all means feel free to do so but if your comfort zone is 2-3 or 2-6 then that is also fine :-) Hope that cleared things up!
Lilly
Lillynna

Sin
EK Guild Master

Post by Sin » November 23rd, 2016, 1:35 pm

Hey guys! So first off i would like to say what an amazing response rate this has been the amount of you that have signed up for a carry group blows my mind a way, so thank you for that. Second on Sat. Dec, 3rd i will be locking the spreadsheet so if you haven't signed up or need to make a change to the roster please do before that date so we can start setting up the master list for carriers. I hope you all have a good day and happy thanksgiving :D

Return to “Non-Raid Events”