Is Destro just Doomed this xpac?

Discuss Warlocks Here.
Tankadin

Is Destro just Doomed this xpac?

Post by Tankadin » December 22nd, 2016, 10:57 pm

How many high-end Destro Locks do we have in guild? I know 'Demo is better' I just don't like playing Demo. And I feel like I'm struggling to stay competitive on DPS charts. I take things into consideration like mechanics and movement, normal stuff that lowers my DPS, but I dont seem to be staying where I should with my DPS, with my current build, Simcraft says 185k on a single target (846 ilvl).

Is it just an iLvl hurdle I need to clear? I use mouse over macro for Havoc, Fire and brimstone for AoE, Have my staff and talents set for Shard regen.... its driving me nuts.

Firekaboom@proudmoore

If you roll a baller Destro Lock, I would love some input. (for the record, this toon was US top 50 in SoO, I know how to pew-pew with this guy in Destro... im just coming up short and trying to figure why)
Rentonie

Re: Is Destro just Doomed this xpac?

Post by Rentonie » December 23rd, 2016, 7:06 am

Link your armory and logs and people (including me) could potentially help.
Tankadin

Post by Tankadin » December 23rd, 2016, 11:02 am

Firekaboom Armory 12/23/16

I don't have raid logs, I'm not a part of any team yet, been working on getting this toon up so I can be a contributing member and not feel like I'm being carried.

Thanks!!!
Rentonie

Post by Rentonie » December 23rd, 2016, 3:39 pm

Just taking a cursory look at your armory you can make a few talent changes. First, instead of SB in you Tier 15 talents you should want to take BD or RB. The higher your ilvl gets the better BD becomes. In your Tier 60 talents you will always want to take Eradication (for raiding purposes). In M+ I sometimes take FnB for trash. Usually, you can just get away with taking Eradication and just take Grim Sac and Wreak Havoc.

Destro is getting a lot of changes in 7.1.5 and unless they tune the numbers destro will be a gimped spec ST. Most likely Affliction will be the way to go in NH if the numbers stay the same.
Tankadin

Post by Tankadin » December 23rd, 2016, 10:20 pm

Thats what Im afraid of. I've always rolled Destro with this toon, I have AFF as a secondary spec, but I seriously have no clue how to play it. I'll mess with the talents, my issue with not using F&B is it completely ruins my AoE damage if I don't have it.

I appreciate you looking over the armory and taking the time with me on this. I was in the FFR, 12/23/2016 EN and ToV. crap DPS in both, but Im also finding Im a ways off on my Haste/crit numbers, soooooo maybe I'm also feeling the pinch of being in a poor position with my gear at 850.
Tankadin

Post by Tankadin » December 23rd, 2016, 11:15 pm

From what Simcraft is saying, I should be pulling something to the tune of 215k with my gear as is, and the talent build you recommended, which is significanly higher than it was, I believe simc was somewhere in the 190s.

When I put it to work on raid dummies, sans food/flask/attunement... I come in about 160. So there is still something I am missing, rotation wise, something I'm not keeping up. I'm not sure what it is. In reading SimC it looks like this:

actions=use_item,name=wriggling_sinew Wasn't doing this, will try
actions+=/havoc,target=2,if=active_enemies>1&active_enemies<6&!debuff.havoc.remains Duh
actions+=/dimensional_rift,if=charges=3 Yup
actions+=/immolate,if=remains<=tick_time Yup, and do my best for 100% uptime
actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=active_enemies>1&remains<=tick_time&!debuff.roaring_blaze.remains&action.conflagrate.charges<2
actions+=/immolate,if=talent.roaring_blaze.enabled&remains<=duration&!debuff.roaring_blaze.remains&target.time_to_die>10&(action.conflagrate.charges=2|(action.conflagrate.charges>=1&action.conflagrate.recharge_time<cast_time+gcd)|target.time_to_die<24)
actions+=/berserking
actions+=/blood_fury
actions+=/arcane_torrent
actions+=/potion,name=deadly_grace,if=(buff.soul_harvest.remains|trinket.proc.any.react|target.time_to_die<=45) Have not been potting
actions+=/conflagrate,if=talent.roaring_blaze.enabled&(charges=2|(action.conflagrate.charges>=1& always before Chaos
action.conflagrate.recharge_time<gcd)|target.time_to_die<24)
actions+=/conflagrate,if=talent.roaring_blaze.enabled&debuff.roaring_blaze.stack>0&dot.immolate.remains>dot.immolate.duration*0.3&(active_enemies=1|soul_shard<3)&soul_shard<5
actions+=/conflagrate,if=!talent.roaring_blaze.enabled&!buff.backdraft.remains&buff.conflagration_of_chaos.remains<=action.chaos_bolt.cast_time
actions+=/conflagrate,if=!talent.roaring_blaze.enabled&!buff.backdraft.remains&(charges=1& Just enabled Backdraft recharge_time<action.chaos_bolt.cast_time|charges=2)&soul_shard<5
actions+=/service_pet Was not doing this
actions+=/summon_infernal,if=artifact.lord_of_flames.rank>0&!buff.lord_of_flames.remains
actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=!talent.grimoire_of_supremacy.enabled&spell_targets.infernal_awakening<3& I do this at the top normally (target.time_to_die>180|target.health.pct<=20|target.time_to_die<30)
actions+=/summon_infernal,if=!talent.grimoire_of_supremacy.enabled&spell_targets.infernal_awakening>=3
actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=talent.grimoire_of_supremacy.enabled&artifact.lord_of_flames.rank>0&buff.lord_of_flames.remains&!pet.doomguard.active

--------------- FROM HERE DOWN SEEMS VERY DEPENDENT ON CIRCUMSTANCE (Minus CB, Rain, Havoc, Rift rotation piece)-----------

actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=talent.grimoire_of_supremacy.enabled&spell_targets.summon_infernal<3&equipped.132379&!cooldown.sindorei_spite_icd.remains
actions+=/summon_infernal,if=talent.grimoire_of_supremacy.enabled&spell_targets.summon_infernal>=3&equipped.132379&!cooldown.sindorei_spite_icd.remains
actions+=/soul_harvest
actions+=/channel_demonfire,if=dot.immolate.remains>cast_time
actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=soul_shard>3|buff.backdraft.remains
actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=buff.backdraft.remains&prev_gcd.incinerate
actions+=/incinerate,if=buff.backdraft.remains
actions+=/havoc,if=active_enemies=1&talent.wreak_havoc.enabled&equipped.132375&!debuff.havoc.remains
actions+=/rain_of_fire,if=active_enemies>=4&cooldown.havoc.remains<=12&!talent.wreak_havoc.enabled
actions+=/rain_of_fire,if=active_enemies>=6&talent.wreak_havoc.enabled
actions+=/dimensional_rift
actions+=/mana_tap,if=buff.mana_tap.remains<=buff.mana_tap.duration*0.3&(mana.pct<20|buff.mana_tap.remains<=action.chaos_bolt.cast_time)&target.time_to_die>buff.mana_tap.duration*0.3
actions+=/chaos_bolt
actions+=/cataclysm
actions+=/conflagrate,if=!talent.roaring_blaze.enabled&!buff.backdraft.remains
actions+=/immolate,if=!talent.roaring_blaze.enabled&remains<=duration*0.3
actions+=/life_tap,if=talent.mana_tap.enabled&mana.pct<=10
actions+=/incinerate
actions+=/life_tap

So I think in talking through this and looking at it objectively. I can squeeze out some more DPS. lemme run with this, accept the fact that single target will be crap without FnB, maybe i can use that in M+ but not raids....

If you'd like to add or comment anything, please do. If you like I will keep you posted here with what's going on!

Thanks again!
Rentonie

Post by Rentonie » December 24th, 2016, 6:35 am

What points do you have in your Artifact weapon? Can you make a screen shot of your weapon? There is an ideal path you should take that maximizes your DPS.

Also, like you said, your crit and haste are rather low. If you want to see where you DPS is suffering look at your uptime of Eradication. That is where a ton of my DPS loss was at and than Serath helped me out.
Tankadin

Post by Tankadin » December 25th, 2016, 3:04 pm

You know, in the midst of all this, I didn't pay any attention to my weapon, I havent even finished my Class Hall stuff to open the 3rd relic slot. SOOOO that may also have a bit to do with it. Before diving in and refiguring the build on the weapon, I need to get that 3rd slot open. So far my DPS on bosses has seen a solid increase, I just need to fine tune my rotation, and knock out this Class Hall Stuff. SMH.... Ugh.

As soon as I do, which I hope will be sooner than Later, I will of course screen shot my weapon build and everything so we can dig in there.

Thanks again!
Rentonie

Post by Rentonie » December 26th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Here is a good video I have found from a Warlock I trust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWXwascYew&t=28s

It gives you a pretty good idea of what I am going to do come 7.1.5
Tankadin

Post by Tankadin » December 28th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Thanks for that video! Shows that there is a ton of uncertainty, and hope that blizz realized how broken Destro is. I'm just about at 30% haste now, little low on Crit, but only about 5-6 hours away from having the 3rd Reilc slot open on my Artifact, so I think between the 910 Feet, 3rd relic slot, and the other gear upgrades Ive gotten, I'm shaping up a lot better than I was.

Like I mentioned I will keep this posted with what happens. I'm excited to see the outcome. Im already finishing bosses in 5 mans at upwards of 200-225k at 853 ilvl, so I'm headed the right way.

And, the thing that held me up in my Artifact Progression....http://www.wowhead.com/quest=41781/herding-goats

I specifically remember saying, out loud, like the NPC could hear me.... 'Dude, Seriously, get your own goats. I'm not getting your goats' ....

Lesson?

Get the goats. Always. Get. The. Goats.

Return to “Warlock”