Are you staying Lock in Legion?

Discuss Warlocks Here.
Rentonie

Are you staying Lock in Legion?

Post by Rentonie » July 12th, 2016, 6:27 am

I have not been able to play the Beta that much, even though I have an invite, so I wanted to get the other locks opinions.

Destro
My initial look at Destro on the Beta is that there was not much changes. I don't like how we can't fill Soul Shards with Incenerate and I also don't like how they took Burning Embers away. I don't really get the point of giving us Soul Shards. I think Destro is going to rely a lot upon RNG but now that I have looked at other classes I don't see this being a huge problem. I don't see Destro going to the way side and will still probably do decent dmg the next expansion.

Affliction
I never really liked playing Affliction but from what I have read Affliction dots will come back with a vengeance. I will have to play the class to see if the play style is something I can handle. I admit I have never really been that good at dotting multiple targets and keeping track of them all.

Demo
Know next to nothing about the spec.

I really have not decided if I will stay lock or if I will go mage, shaman, or druid for the expansion
Jorrd

Re: Are you staying Lock in Legion?

Post by Jorrd » August 4th, 2016, 2:40 pm

I have played beta quite a bit and I will definitely stay warlock for legion. We are always solid somewhere, and I don't see that being any different this time around.

Destro: Weaker and less involved than it used to be imo. Artifact doesn't help it much. There is a legendary that makes all fire spells have a 15% chance to generate a soulshard, though. That might help if you can get it early, but I wouldn't count on it. AoE is neutered, shadowburn is weaker and gives you (effectively) half the soul shards it used to (since CB costs 2!). Shadowburn doesn't feel like it used to: damage seems really weak as far as killing individual adds goes, seems to be more a way to get shards than anything. Overall doesn't look great but I am sure it will see use somewhere.

Aff: Spec is fantastic. Can't do it all at once but you can choose what you need and do it fairly well. Has some trouble killing individual or split-up adds because of slow ramp up, but can do good aoe with Sow the Seeds depending on the mob type. Great overall single target, can burst by stacking shards and foregoing contagion, good aoe with clumped up mobs. SELF HEALING FOR DAYS.

Demo: Spec is great so far and artifact makes it even better. Has tons of choices. Decent damage no matter what the situation is, great aoe burst with implosion and just generally strong. Not as much a fan of demo as I am of aff, but hey.

Return to “Warlock”