Waist - Annihilans's Waistplate
Legs - Tier
Feet - Stompers of Brazen Terror
Ring 1 - Legendary
Ring 2 - Loop of Beckoned Shadow's
Trinket 1 - Unending Hunger
Trinket 2 - Anzu's Cursed Plume/Discordant Chorus/Class Trinket*
Weapon 1/2 - Fiendsbreath Warmace Razorice on MH

So far from what I can see this is most likely looking like our best set up from what I can see from the gear. So far it's looking like our best stats will be Crit>Mastery>Everything else.

Any changes that you can see? This is what I think will be the most optimal.

Also worth noting that the EDH takes forever to stack especially with the loss of Defile.
Hantevirus
Sellswords Lead

Re: Frost DK 7.0 Gear

Post by Hantevirus » July 3rd, 2016, 7:44 pm

interesting!

What is the current frost offpiece?

What does the warmace become in terms of stats?

How about Anzu's? that was the other curious choice.
Nova

Post by Nova » July 3rd, 2016, 8:07 pm

Warmace becomes crit/mastery, anzu's bonus armor becomes versatility and the mastery proc is pretty huge. I've been reading and people have been saying CSP is actually good now again and it might be worth farming for one if you don't have it.
Hantevirus
Sellswords Lead

Post by Hantevirus » July 3rd, 2016, 8:36 pm

Nice! do you have Anzu's?

Whatever you don't have on that list, would you add to our google docs gear page? If no one has given you a link to that yet, pm me.

CSP?

Also you might be interested in this: It's the beginnings of the next #Acherus guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SMn ... fj6qty0ok3

It's still being worked out, tuning passes not done bugs not fixed yadda yadda yadda but you might find it interesting.
Nova

Post by Nova » July 3rd, 2016, 10:00 pm

Hantevirus wrote:Nice! do you have Anzu's?

Whatever you don't have on that list, would you add to our google docs gear page? If no one has given you a link to that yet, pm me.

CSP?

Also you might be interested in this: It's the beginnings of the next #Acherus guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SMn ... fj6qty0ok3

It's still being worked out, tuning passes not done bugs not fixed yadda yadda yadda but you might find it interesting.
I was looking at that guide I saw they posted it in discord. And I updated the spreadsheet on the forum.

And CSP is chipped soul prism. It is lookin overpowered
Hantevirus
Sellswords Lead

Post by Hantevirus » July 4th, 2016, 2:42 am

CSP might be the one trinket I don't have. Ty for the tip!
Quonoa

Post by Quonoa » July 4th, 2016, 2:45 pm

I'm curious as to how you came to Crit as the best stat. Almost all of Frost's damage is Frost-type, the exceptions being Oblit, Autoattack, and Trinket procs. Frostscythe seems like it would Mastery even more dominant. Additionally, Mastery seems to give 50% more value per point than Crit.

From a little bit of testing in-game though, I found mastery to give very slightly more damage per point than crit, but the difference isn't too huge (22% dps increase from same amount of mastery, 20% from same amount of crit, without accounting for KM/t18 4p devaluing crit, and without proc trinkets equipped devaluing mastery) I have a feeling these numbers would prefer Mastery even more if I was doing more than ST, as a lot of things (Frost Fever damage, runic from frost fever which gives frost strikes, cleave from HB, avalanche cleave, frostscythe cleave, and remorseless winter) would make mastery even more valuable, since auto attacks and obliterate don't cleave or aoe at all.

Mathematically laying out Anzu's plume, taking the average value from it's proc (3ppm of 10sec procs for 1254 mastery has a 50% uptime for average of 627 mastery), and the innate versatility, gives it stats of 342 versatility and 627 mastery. Comparing it to pebble, (256 str/mastery/haste), I'd say it's probably similar in power to Pebble, which makes me question whether it's all that good.
I also found Reaper's Harvest to be just terrible, honestly. Oblit was like 20% of my damage, increased by the trinket's damage (18% increase on oblit, about 30% more from mastery), increases it's damage by 23.4%, for a trinket value of like, 4.68% of your damage, which is really bad compared to stuff like EDH and DC (around 7-10%, in my experience)
I've also had better results with EDH than DC, but mathematically DC seems like it should be better.

Hantevirus wrote: Also you might be interested in this: It's the beginnings of the next #Acherus guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SMn ... fj6qty0ok3
Is there an Unholy version of this? I've been sorta interested in making something like that for Unholy, but if it already exists, I may as well not make another one.
Nova

Post by Nova » July 4th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Mastery is better once you hit your crit threshold. And most of the gear I linked was crit/mastery gear. EDH also has lost a lot of value for us because we lost defile, which was the main reason why it was so good.

Critical auto-attacks also grant us KM procs. Everywhere i've read and researched it I have seen it's Crit to about 33 percent(more isn't bad) and then just mastery, mastery, mastery. So I guess I should have reworded it too best until we reach a certain threshold but more doesn't hurt.

Also a lot of our talents revolve around crit as well, such as icecap and avalanche, and avalanche is extremely good on cleave fights. You have to also take into consideration that our class isn't the only one that changed, so instances where other classes outshined everyone on AoE in the pre-patch we can now shine. Kormrok for example we have FSc, where before all we had was howling blast.

Right now the trinkets are kind of up in the air, but i'm thinking that Chipped Soul Prism and UeH are going to be our two best trinkets except for on Demon bosses where the BoA would be better.

Also with ME the higher your crit the more likely you're going to get KM procs which means you're going to get A LOT more resources. On the BETA right now i've got about 40 percent crit and it flows well and it does a lot of damage.
Quonoa

Post by Quonoa » July 4th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Nova wrote:Critical auto-attacks also grant us KM procs.
Aaand that's the one magical thing I totally forgot they changed in Legion. Makes much more sense now, thank you.
Nova wrote: Everywhere i've read and researched it I have seen it's Crit to about 33 percent(more isn't bad) and then just mastery, mastery, mastery. So I guess I should have reworded it too best until we reach a certain threshold but more doesn't hurt.
Yeah, that'd probably have made much more sense inititally, most stat weights I see go way too in-depth, so I'm sorta used to them going really specific.
Nova wrote:Right now the trinkets are kind of up in the air, but i'm thinking that Chipped Soul Prism and UeH are going to be our two best trinkets except for on Demon bosses where the BoA would be better.
Gotta love how Soul Prism is flat out better than Pebble because they nerfed raid trinkets and buffed CSP to compensate for no multistrike. Makes sense, but I think DC is still probably gonna be really good out of it just doing flat damage with a great proc rate. UeH seems statistically better than Anzu's, EDH, and Pebble, but not quite as good as DC and CSP.
Overall, I think your gear list is probably perfect and applicable to Unholy as well, although Mastery will probably be better than crit no matter what for Unholy, unless Clawing Shadows gets nerfed then it'll probably be great up to a similar cap just for Castigator.

I'd say you could add Calamity's Edge as 2H, and change the title to just "DPS DK 7.0 Gear", with separation of Unholy/Frost stat priority. (Mastery>Crit>Haste>Versa for Unholy, Crit up to 30%>Mastery>Crit31%+>Haste>Versatility for Frost)
I doubt trinkets will be all that different for the specs, since they're all just receiving flat nerfs and CSP looks really overtuned.
I'd probably put trinkets at Grontooth(demons)>CSP>DC>UeH>EDH>Anzu's=Pebble, from what I can sorta math out. Nothing perfect, but I'm still thinking the DC proc is pretty good since it's proc rate wasn't nerfed, UeH flat out has really good stats but is sorta nerfed because of GCD nerf, EDH is way worse because of GCD nerf but I'm not exactly sure it's worse than UeH, Anzu's proc is awesome but the base stats are lacking at just some Versatility, and Pebble is decent with flat stats but CSP is just a better version of it.

summary/tldr:
Makes sense with crit cap, I totally forgot KM was changed to rely on crit AA's, you should add Calamity's Edge as 2H and change the guide to DPS DK BiS, and the following info is what I'm thinking for stats/trinkets:
Unholy Stats: Mastery>Crit>Haste>Versa
Frost Stats: Crit to 30% cap>Mastery>Crit past 30%>Haste>Versa
Trinkets: Grontooth(demons)>CSP>DC>UeH>EDH>Anzu's=Pebble
Nova

Post by Nova » July 4th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Also, I don't know if anyone has tried it, but here is no specifications about whether or not you could play 2 handed for 7.0. Haven't tried it, now I want too lol

Return to “Death Knights”