Resto Druid Aid!

Discuss Druids Here.
Ryeland

Resto Druid Aid!

Post by Ryeland » February 7th, 2017, 8:58 am

Hi everyone - I'm new to guild and wondered if I could get some resto druid help?

I ran a full clear of EN normal with the fun run on Saturday, and so I now finally have logs (just got legion at the beginning of January so I've been behind). Would any of you be able to help me parse it a bit and see where I can improve? It's wonderful to have the information, but I've struggled to find what an "ideal" resto druid log is right now. That makes it hard to compare, and therefore, find my deficiencies (which I know are there).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tB ... fficulty=0

Also, I've been using the following to heal:

ElvUI
GTFO
DBM
WeakAuras (with extremely few auras on)

I've heard of others in guild using Clique, Grid raid frames, etc., and wondered what the resto druids in guild leaned toward or found helpful. I think having an addon with a "hover over" heal option would be worth trying, but I haven't given it a go in years - if you know a good one please share.

Finally, if there's anything else you'd tell a healer starting out in legion and considering moving into raiding, please let me know! :)

Thanks,
Ryland
Majestas
BattleTag: Shayyana#1399
Discord: Majestas#8079

Re: Resto Druid Aid!

Post by Majestas » February 7th, 2017, 9:56 am

Hi Ryeland,

I am Majestas, team lead of the Onslaught team and one of the healers of the team. I main resto druid and have most of my WoW career. There are serveral healing addons you could use and it comes down to your preference of what feels comfortable to you. My healing addon is Vuhdo. While it takes awhile to set up it is an amazing addon and very customizable.

Taking a look at your logs you look to be on a good path. You maintain good uptime on your rejuv and other spells which is important. You also seems to work a little like me. The less healers there are the more effienct your healing is. The more healers there are the less healing you put out. Resto druids are based on raid coverage with all our dots and ability to cast on the move. However, if a priest, monk, or shaman are able to plant their feet their heals can just out perform ours.

I also use TellMeWhen which is similiar to Weak Auras to help me keep track of my spells, procs, and cds. Healing is more of an art unlike Dps which is a face roll for most of them. We do not have a rotation but have to think quickly on our feet of which spell will benefit a person or the raid next.

I am going to link you my logs from the first night Emerald Nightmare was open and my team walked into Normal. It was not quite the calk walk it is now. But maybe you can use it to help. Just to warn you though, I do not consider myself the perfect resto druid healer. I have still quite a lot to learn but I find something new to improve on and work on that. Good luck in your push to become better.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yF ... rb#fight=7
"You never fail till you stop trying." -Albert Einstien
Recruitment Coordinator
Alts - Majestes, Shaynaynay, Takasai, Deshay, Shaydrissa
Ryeland

Re: Resto Druid Aid!

Post by Ryeland » February 7th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Majestas - thank you so much! What an excellent and helpful post.

I'm already digging through your logs, and that's exactly the sort of guidance I was looking for.

I've not used TellMeWhen, but I'll check it out.

I used Vuhdo in MoP and liked it, but sort of forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!

Return to “Druid”