MW Monk Vuhdo Profile

Discuss Monks Here.
Inri
BattleTag: INRI#11989
Discord: Inri#6963

MW Monk Vuhdo Profile

Post by Inri » December 8th, 2016, 9:02 am

Hello, I'm new to MW healing. I use Vuhdo on my main as a resto druid and would like to use it as a MW as well. Since I don't know much about MW, I'm looking for someone who can help me set up Vuhdo or someone who can send me their Vuhdo profile so I can get a firmer grasp on what it is I should be tracking.

So far on my frames I'm tracking soothing mist, renewing mist, and enveloping mist, but I'm wondering if there's a way to track via Vuhdo who Vivify jumps to. The AoE healing capabilities of MW are interesting, but they feel very unpredictable. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!
Akaina

Re: MW Monk Vuhdo Profile

Post by Akaina » December 8th, 2016, 7:56 pm

It might be interesting to see from a technical sense but we don't have control over who Vivify cleaves off on. We also have no control over Renewing Mist, Essence Font, Chi-ji, Enveloping Mist (with the belt), and Soothing Mist (with the Shoulders) outside the first application.

Think of the Vivify cleave heal as incidental healing. It cleaves onto the two nearest injured players but with players moving around and dodging mechanics, by the time you work out who it will likely cleave onto, the spell could already have been cast and you'd be working on your next heal.

Essence Font can be helped a bit by the relatively short range and just being near those taking damage. There are times this can be predicted (the tree on Cenarius etc.) but damage patterns aren't always equal of course. Unfortunately besides being close to those who are taking the damage, (with hopefully everyone not being out of range of it, there really isn't anything we can do to aim it.

Renewing Mist is pretty intelligent so it will do its own thing by jumping to a target in need of healing. The only control we do have is who we put it on, which is actually pretty important. If you put it on a target in need of healing, it'll heal them to full then jump or expire on that target if they never heal to full. The key to ReM is you want it to jump because each time it jumps it has a chance to duplicate. Put it on a target that doesn't need healing and it'll immediately have a chance to jump (duplicate). Placing it on a full health target also greatly reduces the chance you'll overwrite one of your existing ReMs. Few things are more frustrating than the trolling that is ReM jumping to the target you're half a second away from casting it on and losing the old one to a new one. Learning to "heal" targets who don't need healing goes against all healer instincts, so be patient with yourself on this one.

If you have the belt, Enveloping Mist works the same way ReM does. With the low duration it is much harder to time if you're trying to have a lot of applications for a burst of damage, however. Again there is no control over who it jumps to so cross your fingers. The shoulders work similarly except the range is very short (15 yrds).

A few other things you might want to track are Life Cocoon (knowing when it falls off is important), Essence Font (remember Mastery will apply twice to these targets), Unison (if you have the shoulders this will be the second target), and Blessings of Yulon (the Revival HoT).

That is a lot of info but it is along the vein of questions you asked so hopefully it'll help. If you need me to clear anything up, just let me know ^_^

Return to “Monk”