SotC / Rising Thunder

Discuss Monks Here.
Akaina

SotC / Rising Thunder

Post by Akaina » August 3rd, 2016, 7:45 pm

A quick question to my fellow mistweavers. How has rising thunder been treating you? I've messed around with it a bit and see the potential it has when we have our weapon talents for ReM, but I feel like I'm missing some of the hype around it. My play with it certainly needs improvement, as will come with time using the talents, but with most bosses either being two or three healed these days, am I wrong in thinking SotC / RT isn't really all that viable in live? It feels like a great spec to use with 4+ healers but the burst healing just feels too costly at the moment.
Shinjiekage

Re: SotC / Rising Thunder

Post by Shinjiekage » August 10th, 2016, 8:55 am

As far as SOTC goes, I tend to avoid it on both live/beta. Lifecycles is pretty much what I stick with due to the interactions between EM/EL. I find I get a hefty discount on my mana spent on EM which usually overshadows what I would get back with SOTC. Not to mention I feel compelled to spend even more gcds dpsing to make sure I'm getting mana. If I have that much time to dps, I might as well just play ww for the fight.

With RT, I'm a bit biased since I really love it on beta (it's game changing if you get the legendary), I got accustomed to it and I ended up using it on live. I guess it really just comes down to the damage pattern for the specific fight you are in. If the pattern is something that has high heavy burst healing that would fit the timer on mana tea then that would probably be the choice. If you have sustained damage going out I find spreading extra REM via RT, or conserving mana with free vivifys is a great way to go.

Please do keep in mind, i'm just a tank who likes to heal every so often so I can understand the fights from a healer POV. So healing isn't exactly my forte per say!
Akaina

Re: SotC / Rising Thunder

Post by Akaina » August 10th, 2016, 8:18 pm

Sounds about right. The legendary leggings make RT really, really powerful. I'm crossing my fingers but I'll probably end up with the shoulders =P

Return to “Monk”