Protection Paladin in the works.

Discuss Paladins Here.
Bluezzie

Protection Paladin in the works.

Post by Bluezzie » June 18th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Hello fellow Paladins/Tanks,

I am writing this post to ask a simple question. I had started out back in just right after Beta or the term today is "vanilla". I've started with a paladin as a healer; which I enjoy so much but got bored with character for healing raids after a few years. About a week or so, my brother asked me to join with him in a guild on Proudmoore realm. I've join one of the sister guilds Endless kingdom. Now, with this new paladin I am rolling is Bluezzie as a tank. I like to work with others in the guild, but I need so training and require critique from the master tankers from the guild. This will help me a lot. I need this so I can work out my flaws. Tanking is new to me. Back in vanilla days people would be glad to give there time and work together. I just like to perfect to perfection in tanking and my ground for the people I role with in the game.

Always the best!!!

BLUEZZIE
-Jason
Thidus

Re: Protection Paladin in the works.

Post by Thidus » June 19th, 2016, 1:18 pm

Ask Angus for prot tanking stuff, he's a main tank for c team. Just annoy the crap out of him and tell him I told you to do so huehuehue.
Karkan

Post by Karkan » June 21st, 2016, 5:08 pm

If you ever see me on, I don't mind talking and helping you out with any questions you have.
Bluezzie

Post by Bluezzie » July 13th, 2016, 11:59 am

Any tip for tanking, I been trying to silver in Proven grounds, but unable to get let last in the 8 of 8. I must be doing something wrong. I've watch and review the YouTube. I fail every time. I am losing faith in my tanking. I was hoping before if you would able review my issue in game play in tanking, I have no idea issues in my tanking from outside view. Any type of training. I did posted a fun raid time at 3pm server time for everyone to join, no one was interested I do so. I was going to use that time for training in tanking but no luck >.>. Well just let me know if I can be part of any function of any raids so I can get some kind of training.
Thidus

Post by Thidus » July 13th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Id just go and tank for a lfr or some pug raid or something instead of proving grounds tbh. If your goal is to raid, doing something that is solo isnt the same environment as one that makes you rely on other people. There are plenty of groups in the guild and put together groups, im sure you can find one to join and pick up tips from the other tank in that group.
Keld

Post by Keld » July 14th, 2016, 1:14 pm

You're using both Holy Avenger and Seraphim as talents. While these are the top choices for experienced tanks who know how and when to use them, they can be difficult for newer Prot Paladins to time and use. How many Holy Power Generators are you able to execute during the Holy Avenger buff? What is your Sera up-time? Are you making the best use of Sera?

I'd suggest using Divine Purpose and Holy Shield, as they are both Passive and will let you focus on using your base kit more effectively.

Also, your gear is not enchanted (according to Armoury) and that will help a good bit. The BA weapon enchant and the lower end ring/neck/cloak enchants should be insanely cheap right now.

Remember the fire on the ground hurts the mobs just as much as it hurts you. So try to position them in the fire while you stand outside of it.

Another tip is that the PG scales with your item level. While your weapon is one of your higher item level pieces, for Prot Paladin, the weapon slot is one of the lowest priority in terms of damage done and damage reduced. So having a high Item level weapon will make the event harder, while attributing almost nothing to your ability to beat it. Find a nice 630 weapon and use that instead. Try and grab some better trinkets, and maybe a Chest piece and Legs. That will give you the biggest boost to your overall performance.

Return to “Paladin”