Just a quick primer on Fury

Discuss Warriors Here.
Alcar

Just a quick primer on Fury

Post by Alcar » July 20th, 2016, 6:34 pm

-Blue text is what i changed from original post

Quick because basically i'm waiting for the game to finish updating and i'ts being slow for some reason. I imagine most of my fellow main warriors are either up to date or making themselves so as we speak and they should feel free to comment with any corrections, as this is just basic guidelines as your mileage will vary based on gear yadda yadda not aplicable in alaska, hawaii or canada. Anyhoo down to the gritty.

Fury Pre Legion

stats:

Haste 18% > Mastery/Crit 30% > Haste 25% > Mastery/Versatility /Crit/Haste

enchant accordingly to the above which will mean for most of us enchanting some haste.
For weapons the crit enchant actually is better than the haste or mastery. "Better" but not exactly mandatory.

Breaking the 4 piece can be beneficial if you have a piece that is higher in ilvl since Str is still king and the tier 18 bonuses are not as useful with the new rotation.

Rotation can vary slightly depending on the talents you use the icy veins run down has a good list i won't reproduce in detail here, i'll just link to it
Icy Veins Rotation CD etc

The wording on Icy Veins can be a bit funky but at least the warrior dps portions on the site are as up to date as they can be without sifting through a few hundred pages of forum posts, the info they use comes from Archimitros who is excellent at all things warrior dps. Their prot spec along with other classes i can't speak to the accuracy of, so reader be aware.

Happy Warrioring since i've changed my mind and will be grabbing a bite to eat instead :D
Last edited by Alcar on July 26th, 2016, 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alcar

Re: Just a quick primer on Fury

Post by Alcar » July 23rd, 2016, 11:40 am

So filling this under "huh, that's weird..." Things that come to light when patches get dropped there is some kind of maybe bug with haste and at least warriors atm. The result of which means keep stacking haste, past the 14% I mentioned to basically your eyeballs. FYI your eyeballs are around 40% ish WITHOUT your class trinket (because that + class trinket + hero = 100% haste). Since whatever this is seems to have survived this weeks hotfixes thought I'd add it in in case it sticks around till the next lockout.

Remember friends stack those dps cd's and don't be afraid to occasionally ww to get those fel stacks from EDH up a little quicker.

Stay bloodthirsty my friends
Kikwar

Post by Kikwar » July 23rd, 2016, 7:06 pm

Thanks Alcar, do you know if this odd interaction makes frenzy better than inner rage?

Even if it is, the clunky playstyle might not be worth it, but if it parses higher I'd give it more consideration on certain fights.
Alcar

Post by Alcar » July 24th, 2016, 1:33 am

So from some basic rotational testing with Bulsa the other night inner rage does still seem to be the best dps choice to go with, obviously all the rotations are new so one may come easier to you then another but he and I were finding our respective dps was better with inner rage than with frenzy on single target. I agree frenzy makes the spec very frantic and I don't see a reason to take it unless you want to experiment with it.

Come legion and the first tier of raiding when our stats are in the garbage the haste from it may be necessary or at least worth considering, but for now in pre patch you are hurting your dps not taking inner rage.
Alcar

Post by Alcar » July 26th, 2016, 5:19 pm

It's the start of a new raid week in WoD and from the patch notes I saw not much has changed for us as dps warriors. Here is a clear concise explanation of what we should be doing when it comes to our stats given the sometimes deceptive nature of just stat weights alone.

This is from Archimtiros on the MMO warrior forums

Too much reading, just tell me what to do!
  • Haste to 18%, then focus on Mastery and Crit (to 30%), and letting your Haste increase along the way.
    If you're already beyond those points, which most Mythic geared players currently are, continue pushing Mastery and Haste. Once Haste is up to 25%, look for more Mastery and Versatility.
    When analyzing these plots and assessing changes, remember that minor gains/losses are just that: minor. The nice thing about these convoluted relationships with our stats is that just about everything is good, so in practice, ilvl is the biggest determining factor.

Return to “Warrior”